Have you ever wondered what might be a great place to take your own family photos? If you have kids or even pets, I’m almost positive you’ve thought of the idea of getting those precious family photos to hang on the refrigerator at home. This is one of the biggest questions I have before every shoot and for obvious reasons is one of the most important topics of discussion.
I was recently on the phone with a client trying to determine the best location for their family’s upcoming photo shoot. They have a young two year old son and wanted to get some candid shots of him running around in a park. So we were going back and forth trying to determine the best spot. After a few suggestions, we settled upon a location called McCormick-Stillman Railroad Park in Scottsdale, AZ. If you’ve never heard of this location, don’t be surprised because I had only visited it once before and honestly had completely forgot about it. I must say though, it has to be one of the best spots in the Phoenix Valley for families with kids or pets
Reasons why its great for Families with Kids or Pets:
- Their are trains everywhere!! What kids don’t like trains?!
- A Carousel is there to keep the kids occupied
- Snack shop on property with Ice cream
- Large playground area with slides
- 2 large open fields for the kids and pets to play and run around
- Free model train sets running the entire day inside of a 10,000 sq. ft. building
- Large train you can ride on, the train goes around the entire park (tickets are $2, kids 2 & under free)
- Wildest playground area
- Museum on property (tickets are $2, kids 12 & under are free with paying adult)
- Covered picnic tables all over the park, so you can enjoy lunch and stay out of the direct sun
- Perfect for photography and to get those candid shots when you have all of this stuff to do!
If you’ve never been there before, I highly recommend you check it out, you will not be disappointed. With its lush grass through out the park, snack shop, playgrounds and trains you can’t go wrong. Next time you’re on the corner of Scottsdale Road and Indian Bend, check this spot out. You never know what kind of forever moments you’ll capture.